air conditioning not comming through the console

i have a 92 e 150 conversion van and the air conditioner blows through the defroster and the floor vents but not the console vents .is this a pull the whole dash apart thing or something easier ? thanks ' Harry

Reply to
42n8_1

There are two movable baffles ('doors') in the typical heater. One is the blend door which moderates the heat temp. The other(s) gates the outlets...they are usually vacuum operated, by a diaphragm actuator mounted on the plenum assembly

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Take out the plastic insert from the top if the instrument panel. I don't remember the hose color, but conversion companies often tap into the vacuum system via one of the vacuum lines under the cover. It's not unusual for the tee fitting they use to fail. (Conversion Vans: the #3 reason I hated working on cars for a living. Yeech.)

Reply to
Tom Adkins