Air from dashboard

I have a 99 Expedition and the Air flow from the dashboard only blows out the defroster on the windshield not the panel or floor, even when the switch is set on panel,floor or both. Air flow includes when A/C
is on. If the car is moving at certain speeds the flow will kick back to the Panel. What the heck............... ? Anyone ever heard of this......? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The "default" position in the HVAC system is defrost. Start by looking for a disconnected or cracked vacuum hose. Some Fords have plastic reservoirs that crack. If you live in a area where you have problems with rodents, especially Pack Rats, they love to chew wires and hoses.
Al
franson wrote:

Vacuum leak in hose or vacuum motor on HVAC system.
Bob
-
"Bob Urz" wrote: > franson wrote: > > I have a 99 Expedition and the Air flow from the dashboard > only blows > > out the defroster on the windshield not the panel or floor, > even when > > the switch is set on panel,floor or both. Air flow includes > when A/C > > is on. If the car is moving at certain speeds the flow will > kick back > > to the Panel. What the heck............... ? Anyone ever > heard of > > this......? Any suggestions would be appreciated. > > > Vacuum leak in hose or vacuum motor on HVAC system. > > Bob > > -
Thanks you two, Ill check it out. Ill post the outcome when I have it .............. 8)