Air Spring (load leveler) problem on 1995 Windstar

Hello,

The load leveling system on my 1995 Ford Windstar is not working. The air springs are flat and the load level inop light is lit on the dash. I've checked all the fuses. The ride is bad, even dangerous! Bone jarring at every bump. The dissable switch is "On" in the back of the van. What should I check? The pump motor is not running at all. I don't even mind installing a regular air valve to get a little suspension back. I just haul pinball machines with the van. Any ideas? I don't even know where the air sensor or pump are located on the vehicle. Any help would be appreciated. I have no schematics or shop manual.

Thanks! John

Reply to
Sir Tiltsalot

Some general info on Ford Air Suspension (AS): If the warning light comes on immediately after startup, it's either the fuse or the compressor relay. If the light comes on in 10-15 seconds after startup. it's likely the height sensor (mounted on rear axle). 90 to 120 seconds for the light to appear, it's a worn out compressor hitting its thermal limit and shutting down. Join a specific forum just for the Ford Windstar, and then you'll learn more about Ford AS than you ever wanted to know.

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Thank you! That helps me a bunch. The light comes on immediately after startup. I've already checked all the fuses with an ohm meter and they all test good. I wish I had the owner's manual that lables all the fuses and relays. I assume it's one of the relays under the dash, with the fuse panel? There are about 19 of them I think. I'll start pulling them out and looking for info under the relay. Hopefully it will be labled and have a part number as well. Thanks again for the help! John

Reply to
Sir Tiltsalot