alarm drains battery??

problem: my '06 'stang may sit 3-4 weeks between drives. no problem if I don't set the alarm.....but if I lock it, that sets the alarm (including the optional Active system with motion sensors, etc) and the
battery completely discharges.
similar experiences? how long can you leave it before it kills the battery? any way to lock it up without turning on the battery=draining alarm.
and, gosh, this is my home garage.......what do people do in apartments where they have to lock it?
thanks JC
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:53:19 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Itsfrom Click) wrote:

Contact Ford? Load test on battery?
--