alarm keeps going off

We have a 98 Ford Windstar. The alarm goes off at odd times without even being set. Usually there are several hour between occurrences. Does anybody out there know what causes that. We live in the country so I don't think its
someone else's code setting it off.
I do not know, but it sounds awfully reminiscent of my car's horn going off at weird times, usually in early morning. Turned out to be the horn relay. Condensation would short out the terminals.