All season Tires?

I have a new, to me, '05 Escape, AWD. I've had AWD cars before, but I'm getting tired of swapping tires every fall and spring. I live at a ski resort, so I have to deal with snow and ice in the winter, but is there an
all-season tire that will work for me in the winter? Maybe not quite as good as a Blizzak but won't scare the crap out of me when it's starts snowing?
Thanks.
"All Season" is a misnomer they are not good in snow, particularly when it is below ten degrees. You need "Winter Tires," that will remain pliable to well below zero, not "Snow tires" with their more aggressive tread, .
I have been drive Mustang GT convertibles year round and use winter tires from Thanksgivings day till April 15th. I've tried them all and have found Goodyear winter tires to be the best, with the best price as well. Blazzak's were the worst, because they had a tendency to want to slip sideways on wet roads. The very best were Vredasteins when I had Mustangs with smaller wheels but they do not make a tire to fit the 2010 Mustang

Sheldon wrote:

The short answer is no
either buy yourself 4 wheels and 4 winter tires and preserve your factory wheels... (really is this a big job? 30 minutes twice a year for yourself, or a shop to do?)
Or you can run your winter tires year round, and don't forget they wear significantly more than a summer (all season) tire due to the softer rubber compound and bigger lugs. (some are more noisy also)
Don't think for a minute you can get good results from any all season in the snow, especially if you live at a ski resort... you would be one of the more important people that should have snow tires
don't let me meet you on your resort if you choose to run those all seasons...