"Amp" light

Hi. The "Amp" light in my 84 Lincoln Continental stays on all the time and I have no idea why. It doesn't sound like the alternator because my battery doesn't die. Plus, I've had the alternator replaced in the past only to have the light stay on afterwards. I also know the battery is getting charged because the voltage across the battery is approx. 14.4V when the car is running. I'm stumped on this. Any suggestions?

Reply to
PaulG

I'm a newbie here, so not sure if anyone can help or if it's the place to ask such questions:

I have a servo/motor type gadget on the end of the accelerator cable to adjust the idle. It doesn't seem to respond quickly enough when decelerating and coming to a stop, and the engine just wants to Rev on for a while until the servo/motor pin lowers. I've disconnected it in the mean time, but the engine tends to cut out when not warm and even then on occasion.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Dave.

Reply to
David E

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

when you want to start a new message you should hit the button that says new post.. not reply to group....

sounds like you need a new idle adjuster....

Ken

decelerating

Reply to
Mercury

decelerating

Reply to
David E

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that.

Reply to
PaulG

Reply to
David E