amsoil - good or bad?

Page 4 of 4

Way Too Many People Can NOT Partake in Moderation. Even when it is already illegal to partake in the first place.
Just like drunks, pot heads and drug addicts quickly reach the point where there is no line between weekend use and everyday use, or on the job use.
If these "upstanding citizens" can't control themselves, who can?
An Oregon lawmaker Kelley Wirth indicted on meth possession charge. http://www.katu.com/salem/story.asp?ID 767
NM Judge Arrested For Cocaine http://talkleft.com/new_archives/006730.html
Lawyer Arrested in Drug Sweep http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/1121911.html
Lawyer suspended over drug use http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/03/04/iraq.usa.shirt.reut /
Las Vegas Police: Officer Arrested, Faces Felony Drug http://www.drugwar.com/plasvegasdrugcop.shtm
Police Officer Arrested in Pine Bluff Drug Raid http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0206/299615.html
Police Officer Arrested For Falsifying Oxycontin Prescriptions http://www.ryar.org/news/08-15-05.html
Clackamas County Sheriff's deputy, David Verbos, 36, is accused in the indictment of holding-up the Mid Valley Bank located in Wilsonville as well as armed robberies at various area stores including the pharmacies at the McMinnville Bi-Mart and Wilsonville Target stores as well as a quick-cash outlet in Newberg. http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_020806_news_deputy_indicted.ac3f549.html
Sheriff Sergeant Arrested and Fired for Drug Theft http://www.montcnty.com/index.php?page=powell
Oklahoma City Police Officer Arrested On Drug Complaints http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&idu219
Union police officer arrested on drug charge http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S )32219&nav=0RaPWFEQ

And therein lies much of my point.
It is not necessarily the substances that are the problem, but the people who abuse them. Simple possession should not be a crime. I don't know how many of those articles apply to abuse, as I haven't read them, but some of the titles are indicative of problems other than the substances. Focus efforts and expense on REAL crimes.
Just in case you're wondering, my "drug" use is generaly limited to caffiene, nicotine and alcohol (and I rarely get drunk). Once in a while, I might get a script for a painkiller but I generally take it at a lesser dose than prescribed and usually don't finish it. I don't smoke pot or snort coke or take any other drugs for recreational use. As a former participant in law enforcement I've even helped to take down a cop or two for drug crimes. I'm not speaking from a position of total ignorance of this particular subject, I'm addressing the overall realities of it.
We've probably drifted too far beyond the charter of this group so, having said that, go ahead and get the last word in if you want to and we'll close this thread out.

Its not a harley tranny....but for their trannys, they of course recommend harley tranny fluid..... i had a baker tranny put in, and the mechanic (a harley mechanic) said he uses amsoil 90 weight gear oil in that....so since the discussion of amsoil oil wasn't getting high reviews, if the gear oil was similar in ratings....
Fwed
fweddybear wrote:

No matter who made it, I would follow the manufacturers recommendation first. I think they would be in the best position to determine which lubricant meets the technical requirements of the gearbox. There are not many other people who would be able to accurately answer your question.

Well, in the case of Harley Davidson, they recommend harley oil, and tranny fluid, but I've never known them to make their own fluids. It is more than likely made by someone else with their name on it, and of course their brand is so god damn expensive, you could go out and buy some other oil (gear or regular) and use it and it might even be better unless they use the wording "or equivilent". Most people would think even the cheapest of oils would qualify for being "equivilent", but equivilent is really a broad definition.... I guess any oil would "work". I am inclinded to use even an inexpensive filter only because I am anal about changing my oil at the 2000 mile mark (abouit once a month)..... even 1000 in my truck (which turns out to be about 3 times a year in the truck)
Fwed
I NEVER REALIZED UNTIL NOW HOW MANY MOTOR OIL ENGINEERS THERE ARE IN THESE GROUPS. HA!