Another sad state

Whjy wouldn't Ford, Chrysler or GM owners fudge their reports?

IS the Vibe made with the same parts as the Matrix? IS it serviced by the same people?

I look at the numbers Larry, Moe 'n' Curly provided and I have to wonder if Toyota owners are more picky and what makes a perfectly satisfying experience for a Pontiac owner is not considered satisfying by a Toyota owner.

Reply to
dh

Point out to me where I said that.

I have said that until Toyota screws up, I'll continue to buy them. If Toyota treats me well, I'll return the favor.

If I end up with problems, I'll have to reconsider. If Ford hadn't screwed me over, I might be saying the same thing about Ford. But the car was riddled with problems that they couldn't find or didn't care about and I have *many* friends with Bad Ford Experiences. I'd be a fool to stick with Ford after that and I am not a fool.

My GM experiences were nothing to write home about, either. I take pretty good care of my cars and a dead camshaft at 80K miles does not encourage me to buy another GM.

I bought my first Toyota, new, because it was the car I wanted at the price I was willing to pay. After 4 years of perfect satisfaction, I bought another, taking a chance on a clean used one. Great car. So I bought another used Toyota. Great car. So I bought another used Toyota. Great car.

100K miles on 4 cars that average 7 years old with an average of 85K miles or so on each and no problems. You do whatever you want with your money but I'm buying more Toyotas.

Reply to
dh

That may be his opinion but it a wrong opinion. If he had never seen one of the three year old Focus courier cars, with nearly 400K on the clock you would realize his error. Courier fleets buy a lot more Focus' than they buy Corolla or Civics LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yes, all I have are the experience's from hundreds of our fleet vehicles, almost all domestic, that are exceptionally trouble free. They go in for service every 6000 miles for oil changes, 30,000 for transmission and brakes. The worst thing that's gone wrong on my "personal" fleet cars in the past decade has been that a couple of the electric windows stopped working. Not a single one of these domestics has left me on the side of the road in 30 years of use.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher