Another Windstar transmission problem

Hello all, I have a 2000 Windstar SEL with 43K. My wife pulled into the driveway and said it was acting weird, hesitating, etc. We just had two new tires put
on the front so she thought it might be related to that, who knows? Anyway, I then backed it out of the driveway and got about twenty feet from my house and it wouldn't go into drive, 1, or 2. Just revs and revs. We purchased the car from a local Ford dealer last March. I guess I am wondering the best way to proceed from here. Should I take it back to the dealer and see if there's any kind of warranty left on it? Or do I just have it towed to a local transmission guy and see what's going on? Or do I take it back to the garage who put the tires on last week and see if there's any connection there (which I seriously doubt)? I checked the fluid level and it is fine. I've read some horror stories on the net of other Windstar trannies going at about the same mileage, and I'm a little concerned to say the least. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA Matt