Antelope Valley Ford Dealer SUCKs

I never went to any other car dealer that wanted to "Charge" to see if a problem was warranty related. I have a brake related problem. The ford dealer wants to charge me 81.00
dollars to verify the problem. I bought the 5 yr. 100,000. thousand mile warranty. It doesn't sound right. Oh sure you get the money back if these is a problem, But only if you get the problem fixed there. A 231. dollar brake job? And not even metallic or semi metallic pads, just what ever came with the car. I thought the customer was a valued commodity at ford. I guess not. So I wonder if I get in a wreck (And don't lose my life) from the warranty problem that they refused to look at, Just how much would they have to pay? for that matter How much would the wife and kids get if I didn't? "From Both the Dealer and the Manufacture". Well off to Corporate, And the Bureau of automotive repair, And the Better Business Bureau.
To Bad I was beginning to like Ford again.

is
pay?
Both
It sounds to me like this dealer has done business with you before and really doesn't care to do any more. Bob

is
You have a insurnance contract (the extennded warrenty is really insurance). What does it say?

What difference does it make it if it is a $1,000,000 or $0.10?

What does the insurance contract say? Did you read it before you bought the car?

pay?
Depends on how a good an attorny you get. And if you survive the wreck.

Both
Good luck. I would be real nice in your letters. After all, you get you get more with honey than vinager.
BTW, I fail to see what problem you have with Antelope Valley Ford. They are only living by the terms of the contract.
Jeff
says...

Same thing happened to me. Had a 1989 Mustang GT and a Ford extended warranty. Engine intermittently idled at 1800-2300 rpm and required shutting off engine and restarting to fix. Lot's of fun when driving coming up to a stop sign. Took it to ford dealer who charged me $75 to hook to diagnostic computer. When nothing was found wrong (3 different times) they said you owe the diags. charges. I said it's under warranty. They said no problem found so there is nothing to warrant. They said if they eventually see there is a problem they will keep track and give me my money back minus deductible.
--
I. Care
Address fake until
Billstein wrote:

With an extended warranty there has to be a covered part to replace before there is any coverage. Wear items such as brakes are not covered.
Sounds like they are lucky to lose you as a customer.
Good luck with BAR, complaining that you had to pay for maintaining your car.
--
Sean