anti syphoning

Do the newer cars have anything in the filler neck to discourage syphoning gas? Seems to me some years ago they did, but not sure about now. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

The only thing I remember that was 'anti-syphoning' for fill pipes were after market inserts.

I wouldn't guess car manufactures would put any obstructions in the fill pipe, since it would create backpressure, tripping pump nozzles, and might cause back splashing of gasoline.

Just a guess...

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Yeh, your probably right, sounds reasonable.

Reply to
Paul O.