Antifreeze smell

I have a 93 Taurus 3.0 liter. I can't find a antifreeze leak. I have detected an odor of antifreeze outside of the car(when you approach the car after it has been running) . But for the life of me I can't find it.No wet spots on the ground or on or around the engine ever,but it looses a little bit( about a pint every two months) Any help would be appreciated .

Reply to
Mike N

It's pretty common on 3.0 Tauri for the water pump to leak and drip onto the exhaust. The drips don't hit the ground. Also look for seepage in the heater pipes and short hoses in the right rear engine compartment area.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Reply to
Mike N

Does that car have a plastic intake manifold?

Reply to
ankhe105

Take your vehicle to a competent cooling system technician. Have him pressure check the system and repair the fault before you cause any further damage, WBMA.

mike hunt

Mike N wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

I suspect a pinhole high pressure leak in one of the heater hoses toward the front of the engine compartment. That's where the leaks were in the two Tauri that I owned. They were both on the underside of the hoses; difficult to spot, and only leaked under pressure.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke