Any Comments on www.FordParts.com

Anyone had any dealings on this site. I am needing to purchase a new timing cover for my daughter's T-Bird. and they have it for 1/3 the price from the
local Ford dealer.
TIA, Leo
says...

I bought a set of plug wires for the 4.6 in my 95 T-Bird from them. No problems. Was current stock.. not something old and laying around. Shipped in a reasonable amount of time. Steve

timing
the
I haven't dealt with them, but I have ordered from www.fordpartsfast.com and was very satisfied. I'd check both places. H
checked their prices and they are 2x higher than any good automotive store "ie" pep boys kragens old john

and

You are comparing apples to oranges, unless pep boys and kragens sell OEM parts. H

store
then why did I buy a Ford MLPS (manual lever position sensor for the transmission) from AutoZone yesterday with the Ford part number ground off, for 28 bucks when Ford wanted 60 for the exact same part ?

OEM
off,
Because it failed to meet Ford's specs, so they sold it to a secondary market. AutoZone does not require the same high quality that Ford does.

let me just say that I've had less electrical component failures from AZ sensors than I have from Ferd OEM

automotive
sell
Really? How do you know about Ford OEM? Sounds like you only buy the cheapest parts available for your repairs. Hope you don't repair other people's cars with substandard parts.
Depending on the parts, Ford orders 50,000, from whichever manufacturer, who in turn makes 150,000 and sells the overstock to the aftermarket. It's cheaper for them to make more than less. It has nothing at all to do with quality of the part, but instead the quantity. A manufacturer doesn't keep their production lines idle waiting on Ford or anyone else to put in an order, then just make that production run. They'd all be out of business. I was a parts buyer for an aftermarket company I worked for about a million years ago.
Spdloader

Is that anything like the fire department sends a crew that's not as close as another because it actually costs less the greater the distance the truck has to travel?
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 01:28:45 GMT, "Spdloader"

Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
good point, I'll remember that for future reference :-)
bri
Spdloader wrote:

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

OEM
off,
I don't know. I can only speculate that you commonly use second string parts in your tranny business. I make no judgement on that. You know what works. The point is, the OP was comparing OEM prices and I just gave him another place to check. H

parts
wrong again

no, just speculation

damn right I do

anybody else here notice how TranSurgeon is a bit of a douchebag?