Any Comments on www.FordParts.com

Anyone had any dealings on this site. I am needing to purchase a new timing cover for my daughter's T-Bird. and they have it for 1/3 the price from the local Ford dealer.

TIA, Leo

Reply to
RoadRunner Newsgroups

I bought a set of plug wires for the 4.6 in my 95 T-Bird from them. No problems. Was current stock.. not something old and laying around. Shipped in a reasonable amount of time. Steve

Reply to
Steven Fleckenstein

I haven't dealt with them, but I have ordered from

and was very satisfied. I'd check both places. H

Reply to
Hairy

checked their prices and they are 2x higher than any good automotive store "ie" pep boys kragens old john

Reply to
ajeeperman

You are comparing apples to oranges, unless pep boys and kragens sell OEM parts. H

Reply to
Hairy

then why did I buy a Ford MLPS (manual lever position sensor for the transmission) from AutoZone yesterday with the Ford part number ground off, for 28 bucks when Ford wanted 60 for the exact same part ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Because it failed to meet Ford's specs, so they sold it to a secondary market. AutoZone does not require the same high quality that Ford does.

Reply to
mcalister

let me just say that I've had less electrical component failures from AZ sensors than I have from Ferd OEM

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Depending on the parts, Ford orders 50,000, from whichever manufacturer, who in turn makes 150,000 and sells the overstock to the aftermarket. It's cheaper for them to make more than less. It has nothing at all to do with quality of the part, but instead the quantity. A manufacturer doesn't keep their production lines idle waiting on Ford or anyone else to put in an order, then just make that production run. They'd all be out of business. I was a parts buyer for an aftermarket company I worked for about a million years ago.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I don't know. I can only speculate that you commonly use second string parts in your tranny business. I make no judgement on that. You know what works. The point is, the OP was comparing OEM prices and I just gave him another place to check. H

Reply to
Hairy

wrong again

no, just speculation

damn right I do

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Really? How do you know about Ford OEM? Sounds like you only buy the cheapest parts available for your repairs. Hope you don't repair other people's cars with substandard parts.

Reply to
mcalister

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

anybody else here notice how TranSurgeon is a bit of a douchebag?

Reply to
I love Edsels

good point, I'll remember that for future reference :-)

bri

Spdloader wrote:

Reply to
bri719