Any Fusion owners here?

By reading the reviews on this car I'm impressed. Just wondering if anyone here owns one and what they think about it.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I own the Lincoln version, the Zephyr, with the V6. Great car, plenty of power and great fuel mileage.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Bought mine 3 weeks ago. So far love it. Only thing I do not like is the fact that if you plug something into the cigarette lighter, when you turn the car off, the power stays on the cigarette lighter. Wish it would shut off so I do not have to remember to unplug my cell phone charger. Just a small gripe though.

Reply to
Don

???? why is that a problem? Unless it's actually CHARGING your phone battery, it uses very little current... it would take maybe weeks to run the battery down.

My wife's has been hooked up to an aux socket for two years

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yep, if your car battery dies from charging your cell phone battery something is wrong. My charger has been in that hole for years too. That little light on the charger is an LED which pulls VERY LITTLE current.

Reply to
ShoeSaleman

Your wife what has been hooked up to an aux socket for two years? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Still it should turn off the aux socket anyways. What if someone did leave something that was drawing a fair amount of power. What is the point of not turning it off?

Reply to
Don

Because it is the socket for the cigarette lighter, it doesn't need a switch. Any other use is outside of the intended application.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

What if they had no idea how much current the thing drew, you mean?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I think I've learned as much as I need to about auto cigarette lighters and their attachements, including wives. I would like to hear the buzz about the new Fusion.

I'm looking for a car that's smaller than the Taurus and larger than the Focus. The Mustang at my age would put me in the Seebring convertable category as a seeker of lost youth.

Maybe we could get some input as to the Fusion. I notice that the local big paper -Boston Globe- Ford dealer ads are pushing everything BUT the Fusion. Some major dealers don't even advertise it. I guess they're probably trying to get rid of their slow selling, gas guzzling inventory.

Reply to
cedilla

I can tell you everything I know about the new Fusion. The aux power plug doesn't turn off with the key. Oh, and its ok to plug your wife into it. :)

Reply to
ShoeSaleman

cedilla wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I wrote a review here on the forums a couple of weeks back, after I'd driven a fusion at my local ford dealer. Take a look at the older posts by me for it. in short, it was a very, very nice car. If I were in the market for an ~$20k car right now, It'd be my top choice...unless I got the Mercury. Have to say, the Malibu and G6 with their new 'value' pricing are looking pretty strong. Those aren't bad cars at all, and $16,990 for one is a good deal. JP

Reply to
Jon R Patrick

So it can be used without using the key, WBMG.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually the Fusion etal is selling faster than Ford can build them. They have an eight to nine week delivery time, with retail sales being given priority. Dealers do not have any in stock long enough to need to advertise.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I recommend the Fusion. You can hear a little engine noise when you first get going, but at about 40 mph it goes away. Plenty of cup holders and nice storage bin inbetween the 2 front seats. I would say that the extra storage in the middle of the top of the dash is useless, at least for me. I have the Fusion SE with the sports package. Love the upgrade on the rims for this model. Gives it a more sporty look. I do wish they would of included a remote starter as opposed to the remote unlock/lock key they give you. The car also stays on when you first shut it off. You have to open a door or wait, I think 5 minutes, before it will completely shut off. The dealer told me it was for people who end staying in the car for a few minutes gathering things. Probably not necessary, but it is something different.

Reply to
Don

I can see why they are selling so well. I saw one with the factory alloy wheels and a the camel metallic clear coat or very light beige. The car was gorgeous. I have been looking at Fusions closely versus cars like BMW 3-series and the small Caddys plus other cars. The Ford's fit & finish look incredibly good and better than some brand new

3-series BMWs and baby Mercs. Someone mentioned the Chevy Malibu and they look very good as well but the Ford fit & finish are staggeringly good. I think the small Caddy is nice but the Fusion blows it away in fit & finish.

BTW - I am a Honda driver but I am looking to replace the Accord. The Accord LX with an I-4 and 5-speed gets slightly better mileage than the Fusion w/ I-4 and 5 speed. If I decide to buy a car, I will test drive both. I heard the Ford is better on the road. I think the Fusion looks much better too.

Reply to
Wilton Milktoast

I'm not surprised. I gave one a good look over, then a few mile drive to see how it fits me. I'm impressed and will try to get a rental for a full test.

We have a Sebring, plus I've looked at the Malibu and Pontiac G6; no contest in favor of the Fusion.

Reply to
Spam Hater

The accessory 'delayed off' has been a feature on luxury cars for years. It allows your to close any open windows, for example, after you have stopped the engine a nice touch it seems. You dealer can install a Ford remote starter for around $350.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Ford is currently not offering a Fusion fleet model

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

something that was drawing a fair amount of power. What

I love the fact that my Ford Expedition continues to recharge my cell phone while I am not running the vehicle. My wife wishes her Honda Civic did the same.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn