Any Fusion owners here?

Page 1 of 2
By reading the reviews on this car I'm impressed. Just wondering if anyone here owns one and what they think about it.
Andrew

--
Mr. Transmission Sucks!
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

Bought mine 3 weeks ago. So far love it. Only thing I do not like is the fact that if you plug something into the cigarette lighter, when you turn the car off, the power stays on the cigarette lighter. Wish it would shut off so I do not have to remember to unplug my cell phone charger. Just a small gripe though.

???? why is that a problem? Unless it's actually CHARGING your phone battery, it uses very little current... it would take maybe weeks to run the battery down.
My wife's has been hooked up to an aux socket for two years
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

something is wrong. My charger has been in that hole for years too. That little light on the charger is an LED which pulls VERY LITTLE current.
Your wife what has been hooked up to an aux socket for two years? ;)
mike hunt
.

Still it should turn off the aux socket anyways. What if someone did leave something that was drawing a fair amount of power. What is the point of not turning it off?

Don wrote:

Any other use is outside of the intended application.

What if they had no idea how much current the thing drew, you mean?

So it can be used without using the key, WBMG.
mike hunt

I love the fact that my Ford Expedition continues to recharge my cell phone while I am not running the vehicle. My wife wishes her Honda Civic did the same.
Lynn

I wouldn't leave my phone in my car, unless it was locked in my garage.

Cigarette Lighter vs. accessory jack
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 01:50:01 GMT, "Andrew"

I think I've learned as much as I need to about auto cigarette lighters and their attachements, including wives. I would like to hear the buzz about the new Fusion.
I'm looking for a car that's smaller than the Taurus and larger than the Focus. The Mustang at my age would put me in the Seebring convertable category as a seeker of lost youth.
Maybe we could get some input as to the Fusion. I notice that the local big paper -Boston Globe- Ford dealer ads are pushing everything BUT the Fusion. Some major dealers don't even advertise it. I guess they're probably trying to get rid of their slow selling, gas guzzling inventory.
cedilla wrote:

plug doesn't turn off with the key. Oh, and its ok to plug your wife into it. :)

I wrote a review here on the forums a couple of weeks back, after I'd driven a fusion at my local ford dealer. Take a look at the older posts by me for it. in short, it was a very, very nice car. If I were in the market for an ~$20k car right now, It'd be my top choice...unless I got the Mercury. Have to say, the Malibu and G6 with their new 'value' pricing are looking pretty strong. Those aren't bad cars at all, and $16,990 for one is a good deal. JP
Actually the Fusion etal is selling faster than Ford can build them. They have an eight to nine week delivery time, with retail sales being given priority. Dealers do not have any in stock long enough to need to advertise.
mike hunt

I can see why they are selling so well. I saw one with the factory alloy wheels and a the camel metallic clear coat or very light beige. The car was gorgeous. I have been looking at Fusions closely versus cars like BMW 3-series and the small Caddys plus other cars. The Ford's fit & finish look incredibly good and better than some brand new 3-series BMWs and baby Mercs. Someone mentioned the Chevy Malibu and they look very good as well but the Ford fit & finish are staggeringly good. I think the small Caddy is nice but the Fusion blows it away in fit & finish.
BTW - I am a Honda driver but I am looking to replace the Accord. The Accord LX with an I-4 and 5-speed gets slightly better mileage than the Fusion w/ I-4 and 5 speed. If I decide to buy a car, I will test drive both. I heard the Ford is better on the road. I think the Fusion looks much better too.

I'm not surprised. I gave one a good look over, then a few mile drive to see how it fits me. I'm impressed and will try to get a rental for a full test.
We have a Sebring, plus I've looked at the Malibu and Pontiac G6; no contest in favor of the Fusion.
Ford is currently not offering a Fusion fleet model
mike hunt