Anybody ?

Serious question. Anyone have any knowledge or info about U.S. Fidelis Extended Warranted Program ?

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:04:54 -0400, Old Harley Rider

I have never seen any extended warranty that wasn't a total ripoff. And I expect the current crop that advertises on TV to be worse than average. I realize you can find complaints about most any company if you look hard enough, but a Google search for "U.S. Fidelis complaints" seemed to confirm my suspicions.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090909030403010407090400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Thanks, I was afraid of that...........
Tim J. wrote:

--------------090909030403010407090400 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------090909030403010407090400--
Old Harley Rider wrote:

I never got an extended warranty before, and was suckered into one on my last car, in part by my wife, knowing the amount of mileage I put on she didn't want any problems for me. So I went against all my gut feels and knowledge and got one on my first GM car I ever bought. First, I was ensured it was a factory warranty...it was not - (and my fault for not reading carefully when signing papers, but you get so much crap shoved under your nose the day you pick up the car, and with the kids pestering you, etc...yea, it's still a shitty excuse, but...) So now I have a third party warranty, buried into my monthly payments for the length of the loan, and 7 months after the purchase of the car, the extended warranty company goes bankrupt and out of business. 3 months after that the dealer closed. I call Saturn and get told that it was a third party deal the the dealer set up so they can't do anything. Basically I was screwed. The only thing that went my way is the car has been trouble free and I went over the extended mileage without problems, so I would not have used it anyway....WHICH goes to prove to me I never needed it in the first place...Oh, and I still have one more year of a loan with that additional price built into it...
Major lesson learned? Go with my gut and leave the wife at home! :)
IYM
IF you think an extended warranty is worth the price, I don't, buy one from the MANUFACTURE ONLY.
The others are generally a rip-off

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:13:54 -0400, Old Harley Rider

And in case you needed any more convincing, a report from The Today Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfsIPY37_E

Remember the exploding GMC pickup truck? Ergo, I don't believe anything that comes out of those talking-heads' mouths. To paraphrase Mark Twain - "There are four kinds of lies in this world. Lies, damned lies, statistics, and anything put out by the "Lamestream Media""....
DaveD

So does that mean you think U.S. Fidelis is a reliable, reputable company?
On 10/1/2009 3:24 AM, Tim J. wrote:

The only auto breakdown insurance that worked out for me was issued by my auto insurance company. It was a lot less expensive, and little or no hassle about repair costs.
Too many of the others are ripoffs or scams, and it's not uncommon to get into problems with claims payments.

I've had three extended warranties and none of them were ripoffs. I got at least 75% of my money back in repairs and for the time they were in effect I never had to give a thought to repair bills nor did I have to do the work myself to save money. You should not expect to come out ahead in the long run, part of what you are paying for is piece of mind.

This company will stay in business until the payouts start to exceed the income. Kinda like a ponzi operation.

They've already changed their name from National Auto Warranty Services to dodge their horrible reputation. Plus, they have a grade of 'F' from the BBB.
http://stlouis.bbb.org/article/complaints-continue-against-u-s-fidelis-despite-promised-changes-from-top-official--11650
Rusty Wallace should be ashamed.