Anyone ever remove their power antenna?

From a 00' Taurus wagon? Something broke inside the motor housing, antenna won't extend. The unit is behind some sheet metal that doesn't appear to be
removeable, their appears to be only one bolt holding the unit in place at the bottom, I'm thinking the bezel? at the top on the exterior holds the rest in place. Any thoughts? John Cairns
Why not just buy a replacement mast? They're pretty inexpensive and easy to install I think.
CJB

We had a deer strike last December with our '02... Deer ran into the driver's door, taking the mirror, dented the door badly, dented the rear passenger door, and broke the antenna. Every time the radio was turned off, the antenna tried to retract but couldn't, making the most annoying noise! The antenna motor, as you noticed, is placed quite awkwardly! You don't have to be a contortionist to remove it, though. Just take a good look, as there's not much holding it in. It's been almost two years now, so the details have faded... I played around and removed it, ended up putting it back in and just disconnected the power lead. The body shop swapped it during repairs, as the car is still financed...
On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:34:50 GMT, "John Cairns"