Anyone know the real life MPG on USA Ford Fusion hybrid?

I had heard the city MPG can average 42 mpg and highway was about 44 mpg? ANyone have any experience with the Fusion Hybrid?

Frank Lardino

Reply to
Frank L

I'm sure many have, but YOUR mileage may vary ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No kidding! hahahaha! :)

Reply to
ah

One mileage has more to do with how and were one drives. I currently have been staying in one of my homes that is in a mountainous part of the county. One of my cars is a 2010 Lincoln MKZ. If I drive mostly in traffic, I average around three miles less per gallon than the EPA city rating. If I drive mostly on the highway, I easily average three MPG more than the 27 MPG EPA ration.

In the real world that car is driven mostly on short trip and in traffic. The fuel computer is recording any average of on 15 MPG.

My Mustang GT convertible consistently averages 25 MPG, one more than the EPA highways mileage rating but I hardly ever drive it in traffic, and mostly ten miles per hour over the posted speed limit.

One of my youngins is a Pa State Trooper and tells me nobody stops you until you get up over ten MPH over the posted limit.

If one drives a hybrid mostly in traffic, your mileage will be great, since most of the time you will be using only the eclectic motor and not the engine. ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I've had a Fusion Hybrid for about a year now. I tend to accelerate and brake slowly to optimize mileage. Mileage in warm weather seems to average about 2 or 3 mpg better overall (mild west coast weather). For me, the city and highway mileage don't differ much. The dashboard reading usually shows 1.5 mpg or so better per fillup than what I come up with when I divide miles driven by gallons of gas purchased.

In mixed winter driving, I get about 38 or 39 mpg overall. That increases to about 41 overall in summer. In one 80-mile highway trip with some stop-and-go traffic, it hit 44 mpg average and toward the end of that trip it hit 711 miles on one tank of gas when almost on empty.

Ron

Reply to
Ron