Anyone know the real life MPG on USA Ford Fusion hybrid?

Threaded View

I had heard the city MPG can average 42 mpg and highway was about 44
mpg?  ANyone have any experience with the Fusion Hybrid?

Frank Lardino

Re: Anyone know the real life MPG on USA Ford Fusion hybrid?

I'm sure many have, but YOUR mileage may vary   ;)

Re: Anyone know the real life MPG on USA Ford Fusion hybrid?

No kidding!  hahahaha!  :)

Re: Anyone know the real life MPG on USA Ford Fusion hybrid?

One mileage has more to do with how and were one drives.   I currently have
been staying in one of my homes that is in a mountainous part of the county.
One of my cars is a 2010 Lincoln MKZ.  If I drive mostly in traffic, I
average around three miles less per gallon than the EPA city rating.   If I
drive mostly on the highway, I easily average three MPG more than the 27 MPG
EPA ration.

In the real world that car is driven mostly on short trip and in traffic.
The fuel computer is recording any average of on 15 MPG.

My Mustang GT convertible consistently averages 25 MPG, one more than the
EPA highways mileage rating but I hardly ever drive it in traffic, and
mostly ten miles per hour over the posted speed limit.

One of my youngins is a Pa State Trooper and tells me nobody stops you until
you get up over ten MPH
over the posted limit.

If one drives a hybrid mostly in traffic, your mileage will be great, since
most of the time you will be using only the eclectic motor and not the
engine.   ;)

Re: Anyone know the real life MPG on USA Ford Fusion hybrid?

I've had a Fusion Hybrid for about a year now. I tend to accelerate and
brake slowly to optimize mileage. Mileage in warm weather seems to
average about 2 or 3 mpg better overall (mild west coast weather). For
me, the city and highway mileage don't differ much. The dashboard
reading usually shows 1.5 mpg or so better per fillup than what I come
up with when I divide miles driven by gallons of gas purchased.

In mixed winter driving, I get about 38 or 39 mpg overall. That
increases to about 41 overall in summer. In one 80-mile highway trip
with some stop-and-go traffic, it hit 44 mpg average and toward the end
of that trip it hit 711 miles on one tank of gas when almost on empty.

Ron

Site Timeline