Anyone know the transmission type/name for this car?

Actually, the MD is from Hahnemann Univ and the MA is from City College.

Really? What conspiracy theories do think I believe?

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Based on just some of your previous post, Bush lied about WMDs, SUVs are prone to roll over, gasket problems were cause by bad designs and the biggest, Global Warning is cause by man, just to name a scant few. LOL

As to the last one search the Drudge report for "Not Evil Just Wrong" and click on all of the videos at the end of the U tube shown there and expand your knowledge on that subject, WBMA

Reply to
Mike Hunter

So a more accurate assessment is that I believe things for which I have done independent research. That I don't agree with you doesn't mean that I believe in conspiracy theories.

Instead of taking your poor advice, I will continue to get my information from authorative and accurate sources.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Ya' right. Every one I mention IS a conspiracy, however. You simply chose the believe the sources you have searched and refuse, or are incapable of searching for opposing views, even when you have been directed to sources that can expand your knowledge on a particular subject....., not smart.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

ROTFL!

You have a far less secure grip on reality than I had thought before. You really need to consult a gerontologist to get help with your mental function.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

The AX4N in my 2001 Sable was given "proper maintenance" at the L-M dealership, at earlier service intervals than specified by Ford. This was done specifically because I knew of the problems with the AX4N and its predecessors. It failed anyway at around 97,000 miles - failing with practically no warning. We had just enough time to get the vehicle off the interstate before it would no longer move the vehicle.

I agree with Steve R's comment - some do, some don't. My '96 Sable did not have a total failure up to the 127,000 miles I owned it. My 2005 Sable has had no failures as of 58,000 miles.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee

Certainly some can still fail, I never said none will failed. What I said was that tranny was not prone to fail, as was suggested, big difference Even properly maintained vehicles can still have a failure. If anything is prone to fail they all will fail and that was never the case.

As I said previously the fleet service company, I formerly owned, serviced most brands of vehicles domestic and foreign for nearly 100 different government and corporate fleets in six eastern states.

Over the years many thousands of them were Taurus', with that tranny and the failure rate was no greater then the average number of failure rates for transmissions, in general.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

you were going to keep and drive the car as is a salvage title would make sense. However, a 93 Taurus has very little value on the resale market - I'd take what they are offering and put that money directly towards the purchace of your "upgrade" = forget all the hassle and uncertainty around the value of the "salvage" car.

Reply to
clare