AODE downshift problem

1995 Lincoln Town Car 130,000 miles. My AODE is starting to misbehave. When downshifting under light-moderate throttle from 2 to 1 (for example, going uphill at low
speed), the transmission feels like it goes into neutral and the engine revs freely. I have a hill near my house were I can reproduce this problem consistently. Backing off the throttle puts the tranny back in 2, and it pulls fine. I also occassionally detect some slip in 2, but I can't be sure whether it's normal converter slip or not.
The tranny is 100% OEM. Fluid and filter have been changed at 30K intervals, since I have owned the vehicle. Fluid level is in spec.
The car is in fantastic condition otherwise, so I want to get my AODE back to good. Any ideas?
Rodney
On 27 Jul 2005 15:30:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It that year was on that had the electronic transmission position selector sensor on the side of the transmission it could be it's going bad. A relatively inexpensive fix.
my 91 marquis does the same thing,,i 5hink its a normal problem with aode,transmissions,my 85 ltd brougham did the same thing,,its a ford thing ,,id say if you love the car,and want to keep it,r/r the trnsmission