Are headlight units in a 93 Mustang sealed?

After noticing water collecting in one of my headlight units, I removed it and pressurized it using some of the hot air God gave me and I observed air passing through the left and right seams between the lens and housing. The top and bottom seams were noticably better glued than the left and right seams, if the left and right seams were even glued at all.

Is running a bead of all-weather sealant around seam between the lens and the housing a good idea?

Thanks!

Joe

Reply to
Joe Colella

You can seal them pretty good with that stuff. Use a vacuum to pull the sealant into the seam cracks.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke