As gas tops $3 in Calif., 'petro-noia' hits U.S.

Ford just seems to have no luck at all. Bye-bye for a significant number of Super Duty sales
As gas tops $3 in Calif., 'petro-noia' hits U.S. http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070308/AUTO01/703080345/1148

SAN FRANCISCO -- Gasoline prices have jumped above $3 a gallon in some parts of California and Hawaii, and may hit that level in other parts of the country when the busy summer driving season approaches.
"It kills me," said Gloria Nunez, 53, as she filled her Ford Explorer SUV at a San Jose gas station. Nunez, a clerk for a communications company, has started working a couple hours of overtime each week to help soften the blow. "All of a sudden you kind of have to watch your pennies," she said.
Analysts say drivers should brace for more increases in the coming weeks. Crude oil, which makes up about half the price of gasoline, is trading above $60 a barrel. Higher demand, refinery maintenance and fears about springtime shortages are also driving up prices.
"The West Coast will certainly be the wild, wild West this year," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service. Extensive maintenance work at West Coast refineries has curtailed supplies and exacerbated the typical "preseason rally" spurred by jitters about tight supplies.
"In the rest of the country, it's just petro-noia. They're worried that they won't have enough gasoline," Kloza said. "But on the West Coast the concern might be warranted."
Analysts said it's unlikely other parts of the country would see $3 gasoline before summer without a major disruption in supply. Average fuel prices are still below their historical highs -- most of which were set in 2006 -- but are inching higher weeks earlier than usual. -- "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please." John Wayne
Oh, gosh... how terrible.... We were already there last year (nearly a buck 14 a liter) - and I live on top of the friggin' stuff. Amazingly, we went back down to 80something per liter but has surged back to 96.9 per liter (that's about $2.60/US gallon).
Pardon me if I don't sound too sympathetic... where I live, we say "suck it up, princess..."
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:32:57 GMT, "Jim Warman"

Canadian per yankee Gallon. $4.86 per Canadian Gallon.

<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

Same here on the west coast.
Steve R.
anyone that is stupid enough to pay over 1 million dollars for a 1 bedroom bungalow shack overlooking the ocean, ontop of a major faultline that producer devastating earthquakes just so they have a pretty view, can afford to pay $3 per gallon for gas.

Tom... I'm not sure where you live... I'm not sure which classes you slept through and I'm not sure which classes you ditched....
Here, in Alberta (which is "right on top of the stuff"), I have a very poor view of the ocean on most days.... Out on the left coast, you will be hard pressed to find a pumpjack in anyones back forty..... I'll try to refrain from any reference to the abysmal lack of knowledge that many Americans display when it comes to geography and such.
I recently watched a short clip where many people living in the United States of America couldn't name a country that begins with the letter "U".
hehe sorry about that Jim. i was not referring to you with my insult, i was refering to the idiots in california that pay over a million for what we on the east coast call a shack on a cliff, and then bellyache when it falls into the ocean after an earthquake. i mean it dont take a rocket scientist to know that if you build on top of a fault line, sooner or later THERE WILL BE AN EARTHQUAKE, and your house WILL FALL INTO THE OCEAN.

I can't name one country either, but I can name two. Uganda and Uruguay, but I don't know for sure if Urope a country and I believe Utopia is 'state?' ;)
mike

Richard