At times want shift out of park

I have a 1999 ford escourt ZX2,Once in awhile my car want go out of the parking gear,What would cause this? If you can help please Email me at , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

I know what you mean, lots of shit in our park too!
Michael wrote:

Intermittent brake light switch... I will assume you already know that the brake pedal must be pressed to get out of park...
UNLESS you shift to neutral before turning the key to the "run" position, then start the car in neutral.
Rob
Michael wrote:

when you have the key in the ignition you put your foot in the brake pedal and you should hear a click from the dash area of the car... if you do not hear the click then the brake pedal switch is bad and not telling the lock in the park position to allow you to shift out of park.. probably a new brake swithc on the brake pedal would solve this or the wire is loose and needs to be put back on??? hope this helps.
jim wrote:

Yep. On my 2000 Taurus, it was actually the plug that goes into the neutral safety switch that was burned up. You need to look at both.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com