ATF change at 102K Ford Escort 1.9L

I think the ATF of my Ford Escort has not been changed since 70K miles. Now its at 102K. I think its time to change the ATF and if possible gasket and filters after a complete drain. Its a 95 Escort
1.9L automatic. So far the transmission is working fine without any trouble but the fluid level looks overfilled.
What are the things I should consider before attempting this ATF change job.? How many Dextron iii/Macron quarts will it take? Should I get more bottles? I like to do it before it too cold to do anything in the car.
Appreciate any help.
Sam
Strange. I squirt out some (1/2 quart)of the ATF using a plastic hand pump. But the dipstick reading still shows way above the top notches, almost over the place where the dipstick is twisted. Is it normal in Escort LX 1.9L? The readings are taken after the Car is sitting idle overnight. What am I doing wrong? or the filter is dirty and holding the oil there instead of letting it drain down to the bottom? Should I take the reading when the engine is hot and running instead?
Appreciate any help.
Sam.
snipped-for-privacy@freeddns.org (sams) wrote in message

Transmission fluid level should always be checked with the engine warm and running and the transmission in 'park' position. Also, after engine is warm, while holding brake, put transmission in each gear position for a few seconds. Put it in park, then check fluid level. It makes a big difference.
Pumped out all the ATF and filled with new Dexron III/Macron ATF, It took 2.5 quart. I was glad I abled to such all the old ATF out. Now the ATF level is on the exact top notch when its hot.

Thank you and appreciate your help.
Sam