Audio problems.. No sound from my speakers!! help!

Ok.. I hooked up an Amp in my Ford Taurus, to the factory radio.. Worked perfect.. My boyfriend (Whom doesnt know anything about electricity..) Decides to touch a speaker that is connected to the amp, back to the factory
speaker out let... The speakers hum.. He lets them go.. Nothing..... Silence. I checked Fuses, left and right.. Nothing. After all, I gave up, COMPLETELY disconnected my Amp, returned all the wires back to their "out of the factory" state, clamped them with insulated clamp connecters, Checked them, they all are connected, and on right. Checked EVERY fuse in the fuse boxes... even bought a new head unit for the car, and still, NO SOUND. The display and clock come on.. You can channel surf, it shows you what stations come in.. You can turn the volume completely up.. But, No sound... What possibly is the deal? Is there a fuse inside the radio that I can't find, that maybe is blown? ??
Also, My fiance's truck, (No amplifier) Hit a bump, no sound.. Everything comes on.. No sound.. I checked his wires and fuses and well, Nothing is out of place... Any info on that? I appreciate your help, and THANK YOU!!!
Have you guys set a date yet? Anything goes today you know. You could get registered at the local car audio outlet and let them solve your problems. I'm assuming that you both have not become hearing impaired from the volume of heavy metal.

What year Taurus? In the newer ones, the "head unit" is just an interface for the "RCU" in the back left fender well.
CJB

What am I saying all that for? It really doesn't matter. It sounds to me like the amplifier transistors are shot from overloading. If you knew what you were doing, knew which IC's the were, and had the skill to solder in new ones without tearing up the rest of the RCU, you *might* be able to fix it. Otherwise, you'll prolly just have to throw it all away and start over.
CJB
CJB wrote:

At this point, I could care less about the amp... It has been completely disconnected... Everything else was returned to its factory state.. (including the speakers)... Why is there still no sound..? Someone suggested My car had a factory Amp? (Its a 1999 Taurus, btw) Its not under the seat.. So, Look in the back on the side panels of the trunk, or.. Where would it be? (I havent looked just yet..) Gaa! I just want to hear something besides tires and road for a change.. LoL.
Oh, and as far as my boyfriends truck, it was just a loose connection where the wire connects to the speakers in the back.. That ones taken care of, thanks.. ^_^

The RCU as it's called, is behind the trim in the trunk just under where the antenna is. You have to take the trim off. I think the RCU is fried, to be honest. You say it hums?
CJB
When the wires first touched, it hummed loudly, and when he let go, it stopped, and they've never uttered a sound since... Ive have tried countless numbers of things.. Maybe, perhaps this amp is there, and got damaged as well, therefore resulting in .. No speakers? Im going to look now... Thank you.. Ill letcha know what I find out..

Yeah, the amplifier is built into the RCU. I'd say it's all cooked.
CJB
Holy Crap... All this time I had a factory amp and never knew it... Wow.. thats the problem.. I betcha! Well, Im off to makes some calls and fix this thing.. Thank you SO much for all your help!!!

It's not just an amp. The tuner and everything are back there. The "radio" in the front is just an interface, the electronics are all in that RCU.
CJB
Ok wait up... what I found was the tuner... Im not finding an Amp though.. The tuner has two plugs into it, each have a power source of their own...The other wires seemed to be low on voltage... However When I tested to see if the Head unit was recieving power from the tuner, I got Acc, Mem, Clock, and Displaylight, all which get power from the battery or fuse box, right? everything else also seemed to be low voltage, however there is some connection, because if you pull the either one of the plugs from the tuner, the head unit freezes until it is replaced...?So, maybe it is supplying to the head unit.. and I just have to dig harder for the amp? Any clues on where exactly it is?

This is not a high power unit like you're trying to find. The amp is built into the RCU, just like it would be on a single DIN radio.
CJB
Aaahhh.. I see. I talked to a guy working at the car audio place, cartunes.. seems your right.. I figured that.. Ill have to buy an aftermarket radio and mounting/harness kit for it.. AND an adapter.. Looks like the 99 taurus Tuner/Amp is any were from $800 to $1,000, if available at all.. (according to him) Ill have to look around.. I may take it to an audio shop before I conclude the tuner is shot, just incase.. Oh well, once again, thank you for your help.. up until yesterday, I still thought the "radio in front had a blown fuse". Haha.. didnt know anything about that... Thanks!
CJB wrote:

Spookeh_kitty via CarKB.com wrote:

Whoa!!!!! Time out. Have you called any junk yards? Refitting a used Taurus radio is going to be *much* easier than trying to make a generic radio work.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

LOL! I just thought about that, Infact, ive got a list of junk year numbers here.. I started wondering when I found on on Ebay for $35. I dunno why I didnt think about it earlier
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Re: Audio problems.. No sound from my speakers!! help! Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Thu, May 25, 2006, 3:30pm (EDT+4) From: u22192@uwe (Spookeh_kittyviaCarKB.com)
Aaahhh.. I see. I talked to a guy working at the car audio place, cartunes.. seems your right.. I figured that.. Ill have to buy an aftermarket radio and mounting/harness kit for it.. AND an adapter.. Looks like the 99 taurus Tuner/Amp is any were from $800 to $1,000, if available at all.. (according to him) Ill have to look around<<<<<<<
He's trying to rip you off. Go to another place. I replaced the factory headend unit in my 99 Taurus with a Pioneer unit with CD, tuner & 50wpc amp for $225 +$50 for new oval mounting face plate with installation at Circuit City.
Eric