AWD Ford Areostars... anyone have one, or know if they are worth it?

Anyone have any good or bad stories to share about the AWD Ford Aerostars? I'm looking tor AWD for the New England winters that we have, and I have had pretty good luck with my 2wd '89...
One thing that bothers me about Ford, is that your can't even get dealer parts for some of their older cars, and by older I mean from about mid 80's and up... certianly, people get 10-15 years out of a car these days, (if we are lucky) so, what gives ford?! I know they can't stock everything, but at least to be able to special order something would be nice... You can't get the power window motors for the early Aerostars anymore! (just as one example)
I don't know about other dealers, but I know Ford "obsoletes" parts after a certain amount of time, is it ten years? Don't know. I asked for a metal heater supply tube that goes from the cylinder head to the rubber heater supply tube (into the heater core), it's obsolete. I had to be extremely careful when I changed my ECT sensor recently.
Matt

Don't know how accurate it is but I've heard that the AWD Aerostars are vehicles that you want to take a pass on. I'd be more likely to get a good 2wd Aerostar with good winter tires if you're worried about on road traction..
Just my $0.02

traction. The shorty is NOT nice to drive on slippery roads. Nor is an empty long body.

LOTS of used ones (power window motors)available, as the bodies of the early ones rotted away around them, and the motors were not particularly troublesome.
Get a '97 AWD if you can find one. They finally got the van right, and then discontinued it. Body still tends to rust a bit more than necessary, but much better than the earlier models.
My brother has a 97 - used to have a '91? There are some issues with front drive joint reliability - both driveshaft and half-shaft. They get noisy and clunky after a few years. The 4.0 engine has had some oil leak and intake manifold issues. Th 5 speed automatic is a dream.