Backup light on Lincoln Versaille

I have just recently bought an old Lincoln Versaille (1979) to restore. I am having a problem with the backup light. There is no power at the bulb's
socket. Is the backup switch locates on the transmission? If it is, can it be repaired?
Thx,
none opined in

In early models, it was on the shift lever, where the linkage connects. ...

-- My old 74-79 Motor Repair manual says: if you have a floor shift (or console) the neutral safety switch is on the tranny. It sits behind the linkage. Loosen the nut and try adjusting it. If you have a column shift "The neutral safety switch has been eliminated and is replaced by a series of steps designed into the steering column selector lever hub casting."
Most Fords of the sixties and seventies had the backup light switch in the neutral safety switch if memory serves me correctly. I couldn't find a reference for the backup light switch, just the neutral safety. Hope this helps.
Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.
Thanks for the info. I will try to open the steering column this weekend to have a look at it.