Backup warning sound, 2010 Fusion

The backup warning sound in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid is loud enough to make people in the back seat almost jump out of their skin when I back up near some object. If I turn it off with the menu option, it comes on
again after I turn the engine off and start again. Anyone know of a way to permanently turn it off or reduce the sound volume? Thx, Ron
snipped-for-privacy@null.invalid (Ron) wrote in

Locate the audio warning device, with a pair of side cutters isolate the device from its wiring...Permanent but reversability is a bit of a problem... DaveD
says...

I'd think a simple connector unplugging would give the same result, and be reversible!

speakers.
On 6/4/2012 12:56 AM, Ron wrote:

Might be, but he's talking about disabling the sensor itself, not the sound.
If your not handy with tools, you could always back up repeatedly into a brick wall until the sound stops to permanently disable the sensor.. :)
snipped-for-privacy@null.invalid says...

I thought the sound was an external beeper to warn pedestrians that was somehow not well muffled inside. Why would it be beeping inside?

snipped-for-privacy@null.invalid (Ron) wrote in wrote:

its a proximity sensor KB
Ron Try turning it off in the menu. If not they can turn it off for you at the dealer.