Backyard Mechanic - my injector problem :)

It took me a week to get around to it, but I finally pulled out the injectors. I found my problem, I think - the plastic around the outlet side of the suspect injector was cracked. I blew the piece out of the block and I THINK the problem is gone, though obviously I want a new injector now.

Also a piece of plastic jammed in one of the connectors in this harness..

Reply to
zwsdotcom

You injectors are probably fine and only replacing the o-rings and plastic caps is worth a shot. You can get the o-ring/cap kit for a few bucks each injector at a pepboys, really cheap. Do all four injectors. I wouldn't buy any injectors until after you've done the rings and caps and the problem persists.

Reply to
sleepdog

The problem I had was that when that broken injector was rotated to certain angles, one cylinder (that one, I guess) would miss. I think the loose piece of plastic was interfering with the fuel flow. That problem is now, hopefully, gone. But the O-rings definitely need replacing, you're right.

Pep Boys, Autozone and the independents around me didn't have any of this stuff in stock. I found O-ring kits at rockauto.com, but not the plastic caps...?

Reply to
zwsdotcom

injectors.

Several years ago, I did an o-ring and caps replacement... thought I got them at NAPA but may have been at dealer.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic