Bad Wires help

a 1990 f150, whenever it get real foggy/damp overnight i cant start the truck in the morning. i swap out plugs/wires/cap/rotor and then its fine.
what gives?

are you serious?
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

If it's fine then why the problem? If you mean you keep swapping the same parts following a damp night then the parts may all be bad. Try some new parts. Or you could wait until next time and spray the parts with silicone or WD-40 and see if it starts then. That would prove the theory that the old parts are picking up moisture and grounding out your spark. In the end, it sounds like you need new parts, not previously owned parts.
wow, you guys are nuts.
we swap out everything woth new parts, then it's fine. it's no good to simply use wd40.
possibly something shorting out??

"Kryptoknight" wrote

It must be nice to be rich enough to be able to swap out everything, every time it doesn't start instantly. If it's foggy/damp every night for a month, that's 30 sets of wires and 240 plugs. Do you get a discount for buying so many?

If there's moisture condensed on those parts from the "foggy/damp" nights, then WD40 (Water Displacement formula #40) works great.

And what can cause things to short out? WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not every time it's "damp". after a night of heavy fog the truck wont start. i burned a starter once because i cranked it too much. we only get heavy fog maybe 2 times per year.
so, could it be just the coil wire??