Battery Light on steady 99 Windstar

I have the battery light on steady and am reading 13.84 volts on batt and at alternator B+ post. Battery isn't discharging but light stays on and terminals are clean. I replaced the wire from B+ to battery and did not
include fuse links and problem persists. Don't have a wiring diagram for the 99' just the 98'. What are the three wires coming from the electrical connector to? Previous guy bent them back pretty hard (misinstalled new alternator) and they look like there could be cracks but why does the thing still work?