Bearing Sensor for abs-what makes them go bad and can I replace them myself?

I have been told the bearing sensors on at least one of my front wheels is bad. My truck has been chugging to a stop..the tech pulled the fuse to the abs and
it has stopped. Is this something I can replace myself? How much are they to buy?
The truck is a 1999 F-150 4x4 5 speed 6cyl.
TomM in NY wrote:

I can't tell you for sure for your vehicle model, but on mine the sensor is a notched wheel (looks like a gear) and a magnetic pickup the detects the notches.
It's right near the wheel, should be easy to see. The first thing to check is if the notches are all clear and distinct, otherwise the pickup doesn't get a clear signal.
Since the pickup is magnetic it attracts various junk, so try cleaning it.
If the problem is the pickup, it easy to change but quite expensive for the part. If it's the wheel (doubtful - just clean the notches) then it's quite difficult or expensive to replace since it's basically the entire wheel hub/bearings (depending on if you try to remove the wheel from the hub, or just replace the whole thing).
Keep in mind I don't know about your model specifically.
    -Ariel