best tires for edge?

2013 Ford Edge - has Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires, 18" wheels.
Freeway tracking and high speed curve handling is very light, had to air down from 35 to 32 to improve on-center feel.
Appreciate any suggestions on a better set of shoes to improve handling?
Thanks
brinley

What does the sticker on the door/glove box say the air pressure should be?
Ashton Crusher wrote:

35.
Max load sidewall for the tires is 44.
I think Ford sets them a bit high for better fuel mileage.
Might try a set of Continentals next, these types of Michelins tend to follow grooved concrete too, not a great road feeling.

I have a set of Continental ContiProContact's on my 2014 Escape, and I'm pretty happy with them (they're also 18" tires, and have ~11K miles on them). They aren't as quiet as the Firestone Destination LE's I had on my old Escape, but are definitely quieter and have better traction than the old Continentals that came on my '02.
I would probably buy another set when these wear out, depending on the comparative price with an equally rated tire.
--
SC Tom

SC Tom wrote:

Thanks for your review, it helps.

It might be worth getting the alignment checked before you shell out for new tires. I've never found tires to make much difference on high speed (no more then 20 over the limit) public road driving characteristics of the type you are talking about. The only time Another remote possibility is that your sway bar link bushings have disintegrated or some other bushing is failing.
Ashton Crusher wrote:

It's pretty new vehicle for that kind of wear (on-road use only) but I'll get them checked - thanks.