Beware this seller. Larry Brown Quincy Illinois

Read my Story at: www.skywolf.com
or contact:
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net for his story.

A little tip....
Keep making posts like this, and people complain to your registrar, you might have your domain yanked.
Second, lay out your page so it's not hard on the eyes, if you want to make your point.
hth,
tom

There are about 300 people you want to reach: the 300 or so people who are likely to go to the dealer in the next week or so. By the following week, everyone who would be interested will have forgotten. In the future, deal directly with the Illinois Attorney's General office and the Better Business Bureau.
In any case, I think you describe the situation perfectly on your web page when you said: "I foolishly agreed to deposit the money," and "I am after all, an idiot."
Jeff

You bought a '63 vehicle without having seen it OR seeing any photos?
I give you a new nickname, YDB.
1. No... I won't get my domain yanked 2. I posted so that the web crawlers can find it. Maybe warn off some other poor sap when he researches Mr. Brown. 3. I am dealing with the BBB, The Illinois AG's office, the Quincy P.D., The USPS, and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
But thanks for all of your helpful suggestions.
"Scott" <homealone.com> wrote in message

No kidding... buying a used car is always a bit of a crapshoot. But to buy one over 40 years old sight unseen? How gullible can a person be? I'm not sticking up for the seller, but when a buyer is this gullible someone WILL take advantage of him.
Shoot, what'd you expect for $5500???

Possibly not be the victim of what appears to be outright fraud
dbltap wrote:

The OP thought they could get a 1963 driver for that little dough... c'mon!!!
One born every minute! - P.T. Barnum