Big Ford recall - catches fire even with ignition off !

In January Ford issued a recall of 800,000 vehicles. But I just heard from a guy whose car (a 2000 Navigator) caught fire in his driveway a few days ago. He hadn't heard about the recall. That is why I am
mentioning it here.
If you have a Ford with cruise control, it could catch fire. The fires originate in the electrical system, and can occur even when the ignition is OFF. Many fires have occurred with the car parked at home in the garage, and some of those have destroyed the whole house. Have a look at http://www.flamingfords.info
Be careful.
Burnt
The NHTSA site says they have received 38 complaints of fires allegedly occurring when the vehicle is setting. No deaths have been reported. The NHTSA has not begun and investigation at this time. Ford has issued a voluntary recall of those vehicles that may be effected. Thousands have been examined but none have presented a problem to date, according to Ford Technicians. Not to worry if your vehicle could be involved you will receive a recall notice from Ford
mike hunt
Burnt wrote:

Never wrestle with a pig, you'll get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
Rather than try to clarify Mike's self-serving obfuscations point-by-point, I will simply give the link for one of the articles about the continuing investigation.
http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/23/news/fortune500/ford /
Best advice: While you're waiting for that elusive recall notice, don't park any Ford that has cruise control in a garage attached to your living quarters.
Burnt
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Burnt wrote:

If you are worried, just disconnect the cruise control deactivation switch. It is at the master cylinder. A ford technician can disconenct it in about the ame amount of time it takes to open and close the hood.
Ed
You are more likely to be struck by lightening then for this potential "defect" to cause you a problem. It's certainly not something I'll worry about.

If you expect anyone to believe your story you should at least change your email address..... idiot
Safety Field Service Action 05S28.... certain 2000 Fi50, Expedition and Navigators and certain 2001 F SuperCrews with speed control. Ford has already sentout the first round of customer notifications. Currently, there are insufficient numbers of the updated switch to service the recall but Ford is disconnecting the effected switches and will issue letters when stocks permit.
All makes suffer through customer satisfaction and safety recalls.... some people try to sensationalize the problems.
We have seen no incidents in our area.

few
mentioning
Burnt wrote: :: In January Ford issued a recall of 800,000 vehicles. But I just :: heard from a guy whose car (a 2000 Navigator) caught fire in his :: driveway a few days ago. He hadn't heard about the recall. That is :: why I am mentioning it here.
Navigators aren't cars, idiot.