Binding in steering

When I move my steering wheel all the way to the left or right, it binds up. It feels like something is obstructing the tires when I then start to drive. It also happens when I take very sharp turns. When I
actually turn it all the way to the right or left, and then get out of the car to see if anything's obstructing the tires, I see nothing. It also makes a loud noise. It's a 93 Explorer 4x4 Thanks in advance
In article
snipped-for-privacy@epix.net wrote:

First thing I'd check would be the U-joints in the front axle.