blame toyota!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100215/wl_afp/belgiumrailaccident_20100215163346

--
nomina rutrum rutrum

My sources tell me the Train Operator who ran the red owned a Toyota and no longer believed the brakes on ANY vehicle worked so he never applied them.
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:54:13 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

Reinstated, automatically.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:55:16 -0800, jim beam wrote:

"The lead rail car, manufactured by Toyota, is believed to be at blame due to a sticking accelerator."
Nice...
Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

Not funny. Nor would it be nice. Several people were killed. Not a laughing matter.
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:44:23 -0500, dr_jeff wrote:

Ya know, I was thinking about that....
If they're dead, and the car wrecked, how does anyone KNOW it was a sticking accelerator?!?!?!
Oh. You're talking about the trian wreck...

If you are talking about the Lexus ES350 that wrecked in CA and not the train in Belgium, NHTSA has a complete analysis available online. Look at -
http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/documentList.do?docId 07010&docType=INV&fromPublic=true
http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/docservlet/Artemis/Public/Pursuits/2007/EA/INME-EA07010-26873P.pdf
Ed

http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/documentList.do?docId 07010&docType=INV&fromPublic=true
http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/docservlet/Artemis/Public/Pursuits/2007/EA/INME-EA07010-26873P.pdf
Thanks for posting that. It answers a few questions I've had, such as how a mat can cause the pedal to stick.
Your "automatic" posts are for crap. You are clogging up the boards with this nonsense.
As far as I recall, and unless I missed it, these are unmoderated newsgroups and I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone elected you to the Newsgroup Police to eliminate cross posting. Cross posting at times does have relevance and a place, as it may pertain to similar subjects in multiple groups. Spamming is what should be blocked, and so far I haven't really seen too much of that. In fact, what you are doing is actually closer to spamming.
I've never blocked someone before and I haven't blocked you yet because I do read your replies (one ones you actually reply on and have something to say), but these empty reply posts are certainly getting close to force me to do so in order to filter it.
Your call, but I'm asking first for you to please kindly stop your current practice.
Thank you...

PS For a guy that insists on top posting, it seems odd that a cross post would set him off.
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:29:30 -0500, Mike Hunter wrote:

Because he wants to, and wants to show others what you've appointed yourself as

Hachiroku ハチロク wrote:

Because if you bothered to read most replies, the subject matter includes substance that is or may be of interest in the other newsgroups. The Toyota cross posts include lively discussions on both Ford and GM recalls as well as the rash of Toyota recalls, and as a result brings knowledgeable people from those groups into the discussion who perhaps could counter argue a point that they may have better or more accurate knowledge on. Now if someone creates a message that says "Fords are the best, Toyota and GM sux" and cross posts it, then I agree that that is a cross post that should not have happened, BUT it is not up to me or anyone else to police it. You can police it yourself using filters, not by adding to the friggin' mess.
...and yes - This concerns the three newsgroups I subscribe to, so I cross posted it. Besides, it's not like your nonsense "automatic" deletion posts are actually deleting the posts. They are still there and visible as they always were, so all you are accomplishing is clogging the groups that you seem to want to keep clean and segregated. You are having the opposite effect.
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:28:56 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"

One reason is that the pedal is poorly designed. Most of the cars I've had with suspended pedals had the pedal hinged on the drop arm which prevents it from getting hung up on a floor mat.