blend door

do you have to remove dash board to get to accuator for the blend door of a 1993 ford crown vic.

Reply to
rookie34

Yep. It doesn't have to be completely removed, just unbolted and pulled back. I prefer to drop the steering column and remove the IP completely. It's not much more work and you will have a TON more room. Get a copy of the factory service manual for this, Haynes or Chiltons are worthless for this type of job. Replace the heater core while you're in there, you'll be glad you did.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

before i tear the dash out can you pinpoint where the accuator isi have a drawing of what it looks like but i would appreciate knowing exactly where it is

Reply to
rookie34

the wife hid all my books when we moved. i'll see if i can find it.

Reply to
Picasso

Forward of the glove box, on top of the HVAC case. It's the only one up there...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
septicman