blend door

do you have to remove dash board to get to accuator for the blend door of a 1993 ford crown vic.

rookie34 wrote:

Yep. It doesn't have to be completely removed, just unbolted and pulled back. I prefer to drop the steering column and remove the IP completely. It's not much more work and you will have a TON more room. Get a copy of the factory service manual for this, Haynes or Chiltons are worthless for this type of job. Replace the heater core while you're in there, you'll be glad you did.
before i tear the dash out can you pinpoint where the accuator isi have a drawing of what it looks like but i would appreciate knowing exactly where it is
rookie34 wrote:

the wife hid all my books when we moved. i'll see if i can find it.
In article

Forward of the glove box, on top of the HVAC case. It's the only one up there...
before you replace the blend door actuator, make sure you have a strong battery 12.3 volts or more as these actuators are voltage sensitive and tend to not work in low voltage situations, even with the engine running and charging.....