blower motor removal 96 explorer?

I determined it was the blower motor that needed replacing, I removed the four screws (one difficult to say the least!), and the motor will not fit coming out. I think I need to remove the fan from the motor
while in the housing, then the motor will slide out on an angle. Does the fan screw on to the motor, or just slide off (with some pressure). I can't see any screws holding it on, but then I can't get it out all the way.
thanks!
"noone cares" wrote:
.... the blower motor needed replacing, I removed the four screws (one difficult to say the least!), and the motor will not fit coming out. I think I need to remove the fan from the motor while in the housing, then the motor will slide out on an angle. Does the fan screw on to the motor, or just slide off (with some pressure). I can't see any screws holding it on, but then I can't get it out all the way.
A typical "squirrel-cage" fan has a setscrew in the fan hub to secure the fan to the motor shaft. The setscrew is tightened with an Allen wrench, or rarely with a flat blade screwdriver.
It's hard to see it without a mirror and it's awkward to engage it to turn it when you find it.
Good luck.
Rodan.

Hmmm Ford went backwards on this? If the motor and flange is pretty large, that usually means it comes out in one piece.
the blower cage usually has a flatted shaft hub and a clip on end of shaft to hold it on. No allen screw or the like... unless, like I say, they went 'backwards'
"noone cares" wrote

It "should" just slide out...
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0b/9b/01/0900823d800b9b01.jsp