body parts

I, unfortunately, ran the front of my Grand Marquis under an SUV bumper. I only broke the grille, the fiberglass in front of the hood, and the chrome strip and emblem (its a 94 model).

I can replace all of these parts, its just lots of little nuts and bolts, but I am looking for advice in finding parts. I've been to junk yards before, so I know how that works. But I've been looking online, and wondering if anyone can make a recommendation. I found one page:

That lists everything I need, except the chrome strip and emblem, advertised as new but unpainted.

Also looking for advice with the painting. The car is "electric currant red" and I either want advice on how to paint and clear coat the fiberglass strip, or where to get pre-painted parts (I have the Ford color code). Any help appreciated, thanks.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

jeff opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

This all depends on how good you want it to look.

My suggestion, if there's no need to paint body-proper, get the parts then take them to a good paint shop before installing

The rest of your post is a little confusing...all the parts are available from one place or another.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Try here. Prices look fair.

lugnut

About the painting, I had thought about a body shop, but I didn't know how much it would cost, or even if they would be willing to take on such a small job (4.5 feet by 6 inches).

Sorry the rest was confusing. What I am looking for is people who have bought actual OEM style body parts from websites. The sites I have found, including the suggestion made in reply to my post, have the right parts, they claim they are new, and they cost less than the local junkyards.

My concerns are:

Will these parts be made of the same materials as the originals (ie. plastic instead of fiberglass for the header liner)?

Is the shipping outrageous (so far I can't find a page that gives the shipping cost until I give my credit card #)?

Are the parts really new, etc.?

So, if anyone has had experience with buying body parts online, I'd appreciate any comments.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm checking it out.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff