Bottomless pit of lost keys

I have a 1994 Thunderbird LX with electric seats. In the wintertime, my hands are dry and it's easy to drop a key between the drivers seat and the console.
There are several down there and I can't fish *any* of them out.
I've dug and dug with my hands, a screwdriver, and a magnetic tipped tool. Nothing is retrieved.
Anybody know a trick for getting my keys back?
Peetie
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 14:37:03 -0600, Peetie Wheatstraw

Turn the car upsode down???
No, serously - are the keys on rings, or naked? Is it possible to see them? Perhaps get a remote inspection camera to snake in to locate them, then go in with a mini-claw pickup tool or a wire hook?
If not you MAY need to resort to removing the seat.
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 17:33:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Some naked, one with one of those tiny vinyl covers.

No. They are evidently between 2 rails.

I got a mini-claw, but if I can't see them ...

Any guidance on how to do it?
Thx, Peetie
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:37:42 -0600, Peetie Wheatstraw

4 bolts. Hopefully not rusted all to heck What year and model did you say? Generally one bolt in the front of each side-rail horizontally, and 0ne in the back of each rail vertically. Sometimes 2 in each, usally at the rear. Quite likely a snap-on cover over the bolts - sometimes a couple of small screws holding the caps on..
If not rusted, 20 minutes out and in with a 3/8 rachet set and the proper sockets/extentions
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 14:37:03 -0600, Peetie Wheatstraw

I've never tried this but it seems like it might work. Wear eye protection and get a air hose with a nozzle on the end and see if you can blow them out.
On 07/01/2013 8:37 pm, Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

Yeah, don't buy Ford crap!
Get a decent German or Japanese car!

When I drop my keys down there I usually move the seat all the way forward, or back, and then go in either from the floor on the front or the floor on the back -- under the seat. This method has never failed me, but I guess a bent coat hanger would help a lot. This also works for coins, pens, condoms or whatever.

A combination of seat positioning and bent coat-hanger did the trick.
Many thanks to all.
Peetie