Brake and rear abs light on

I just recently put on pads and brake shoes on my 93 Aerostar.Drained the fluid by gravity on all four wheels.I kept replenishing the master cylinder as I drained them.I also bled the system 3 times in an attempt to clear the light that shows"brake ,and rear abs ".The pedal is solid and stops promptly.I have done this job before and did not have any problem on a similar Aerostar 2 months ago.My question is, is there a way I can clear the light? Or do I have to have an instrument to do it?Could AutoZone do it for me?Thanks for any ideas that might help.(I've already put 200 miles on it and no problem,just aggravating)

Reply to
Eno Zamora

pick one

I have the same problem in my Ranger. I think the sender in the master cylinder is shot.

Reply to
Scott

I don't know much about fords, but I could clear some of the trouble lights on a dodge by disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes. Did you try that?

Reply to
Hank

The light will come back on because there is something wrong. Does not matter the make or model.

Reply to
pick one

Double-check that you didn't damage one of the ABS sensors or wiring on the rear wheels.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann