Brake Light Problem

92 F-150 with power brakes.
My brake lights don't work (but the tail lights do). I have tested the switch on the brake pedal, that is working OK. I have a lt green and a lt
green-red wire connected to the switch. It has got to be a wire under the dash, everthing was working last week. The problem is because a few wires got wrapped around the steering column and one or two snapped. I see the where the lt green-red wire comes out of the harness but when I connect it to the switch it doesn't turn on the brake light when I press the pedal.
Any suggestions?

I would fix the wires that snapped.
You might be able to run a wire from the switch to the brake lights (under the carpet?) as well.

hope this will help you...from the brake switch, the wire goes THROUGH the turn signal switch.then back to the brake lights.

Joe wrote:

replacing only the brake switch , there should be only 2 wires when you are done unwinding the harness from the steering column. On when connected, off when not.                 Tom