Brake make a click sound

Hi Folks,
I have a 98 ford escort zx2. The brake makes a distinct click sound the first couple of times I use it after starting. Just wanted to know
if its because of some problem that needs to be taken care of.
Cheers, S.
From the back?
Probably the self-adjusters..

If it's from the front it's probably the caliper slides. Escorts are known for it.

I would lift it and check the cv joint. Mine started the clicking at first when it started going bad and was only made under light braking.

seems from the front. Is this injurious to the health of my beloved car ??