brake problems now!!!!!

it's one thing after another lately now!!first it won't pass emissions(o2 sensor,egr likely)now whats going on is of course something in all my years
of cars has never happened before(it figures) maybe someone can help or give me an idea please,thanks (92 merc. grand marquis-4.6)
there seems to be vibration and buzzing sound coming from appears to be my master cylinder or area within,but it's intermintent,maybe a few times every hour or so,at times also the anti-lock brake light will also flash a few seconds,at the time this sound and vibration happens(useally just a few seconds at a time)the brakes lock up and get hard and vibrate,the brake peddle will useally feel like it's being forced up, qquestion?besides of course knowing what's going on,is there a problem of maybe the brakes going all the way out??a friend told me it was possible that the master cylinder was the culprit,maybe a collapsed brake line,then a buddy who was a parts man at a dealership said something to the fact that there was some kind of brake module under or around the master that could be the culprit. any ideas thanks bob
robert -wanda fox wrote:

tell you what the problem is. My guess is it does this when you brake at times, the light comes on and then it stops and won't do it for the rest of the trip....?.... It is very likely a wheels sensor is bad or very dirty and it stops seeing the wheels turn so it thinks its locked up so the abs kicks in.....that kind of thing...bottom line, get the ABS codes read.....
ShoeSaleman wrote:

========================I agree with Shoe....git yer brakes checked. This is not a friendly DIY'r area of repair.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~
thanks a lot for the advice,i also received some info from a brakes man and yes indeed it is involving the ABS system,fortunally you don't really need ABS on the braking system,so i did disconnect it for now,and the problem went away for now,i do plan though to over the summer get the code(s) read and if be get the problem fixed. i see that the test connector under the hood has three wires to it,is there a way for me to read the codes,a buddy told me of a way (jumping the orange wire,grounding it,and reading the flashes of the "anti-lock"light) any ideas??? again thanks again for all the help and advice. bob

robert -wanda fox wrote:

I don't know how off hand how to get the light to tell you the code (I always used a scan tool). Yes you are correct, if the abs light is on, the system is disabled and the brakes work as if you have no ABS. I would not ground or jump anything under the hood unless I knew for sure what it was for. (Some electrical parts are very expensive, including ABS modules.

ShoeSaleman wrote:

what Shoe said, ditto.
AllData is saying that you have to use a scanner on that model/year.
~:~ marshmonster ~:~