brakelights not working

I have a situation in which the brakelights on an 1989 Mercury Tracer will not come on. I have replace the bulbs, and the brake switch. I have checked and determined that power is passing thru the fuse but
the connection at the wiring harness is not getting any power to pass to the lights in back. Could it be a loose wire in the harness or something like that?
Thanks, Steve
bad blinker multi function switch