Brakes

I have an 86 Ford Bronco II and recently the brakes started makeing a scraping and groaning sound, and I already knew it had to have new rotors so I bought 2 rotors and pads and this guy did the work for me.(I did pay him) Anyway when he was finished I started to drive it and the noises are even worse and so are the brakes. There is a scraping noise while you are moving and when you put on brakes it has an awful groaning rubbing sound and very little brake. What can I do now? Hope someone can help me I am out of a car completely now and really need to know what to do. Can't get in touch with the guy who worked on them.

Reply to
sharonks

Take it to a mechanic (or have it towed to one).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

There is the possibility that your friend put the pads in backwards (metal side facing the rotor, pad side towards the piston).

Sometimes a real mechanic or a dentist or a doctors is the cheapest option

Reply to
steve fun

this might be the same guy who fixes roofs and is not around when it rains... if you dont know how to fix the vehicle and dont go to a shop and let some guy who has nothing to loose when he messes up then you have to look for another guy without a shop who might come along and tell you he can fix it....

Reply to
DENNIS BIRD

First, did you consider the idea that the rear brakes may be making the noise? You may not have repaired as much of the brakes as it needed.

Reply to
lugnut