brakes ford Freestyle

I am doing brakes on Ford Freestyle. Brakes are on but can't seem to depress. Both sides are doing this. Any suggestions on what I could do. Back brakes by the way
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Bring it to your dealer, Depending on the milage, ur dealer has a extended warrenty on the rear brakes , iirc till 36k miles

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:59:01 -0700, "Ollie"

a co-worker has one, rears were gone in less then 8000 miles. Ford fixed for free of course, apparently the pad material was crap and then have changed to a higher quality crap now.
The piston in the caliper must be turned when retracting it back into the caliper... this is part of the parking brake system. Hopefuuly, you haven't yet resorted to brute force to retract the pistons as this will damage the calipers requiring their replacement.
I do not recall any warranty extension on rear brakes but there is a TSB advising us that brake pad material has been changed and (if we are dealing with factory installed pads) the front pads should be changed at the same time to maintain front/rear brake balance.
HTH.