Brakes make noise when cold

Anyone else had a problem of their brakes making kind of a groaning noise when cold. I was told by a Ford advisor it's the pads against the rotors when the weather drops to -20C or so. My car is a 2006 Zephyr (rotors, pads, etc, all good). The advisor said his 2005 Mustang does the same thing.
Thoughts anyone?
Thank you.
Brad