Brand New Mustang Has Surface Scratch

The scratch is long (~2.5 feet) but very thin, and is not deep enough to catch my fingernail or even to feel. I'd like to get rid of it while doing as little additional damage to the clearcoat as possible. I'd also prefer to not spend $100+ for an electric polisher if that can be avoided.

Would appreciate specific product recommendations, as the more research I do the more confused I get. So far my "short list" is:

3M Imperial Hand Glaze (39007) with a bit of P21S Multi-Surface Finish Restorer Polish added if necessary

Meguiar's ScratchX

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Reply to
<nospam

If the scratch is not to the primer or color layer, you can try the 3M- I've used that with fair success (it feathers the clearcoat at the scratch, making the clearcoat layer thinner, though) . Another trick I've used is get a small fine-bristle paint brush (like for models) and a bottle of the clearcoat touch-up and paint the scratch with it. After it dries, use Langka blob remover

according to the instructions. Done right, it takes a little while to get it level, but looks really good when done.

Good luck,

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom